With effect from 1st January, 2009, the LPPM Management Committee introduced a system of Proactive Monitoring (PAM) of refiners on the Good Delivery List in order to ensure the integrity and further enhance the reputation of the List and the refiners on it.
PAM involves the refiner submitting samples taken from their normal production process for testing by the LPPM’s Good Delivery referees. Analysis of these samples is undertaken by two of the LPPM referees in rotation and is compared to the refiner’s results.
In addition, the refiner is required to submit financial and production information in order to ensure that they continue to satisfy all the criteria required to meet LPPM Good Delivery Standards.
Full details of the PAM rules and criteria can be seen on the LPPM website under the Good Delivery Rules, Annexes E and F.
We are currently undertaking the 3rd three year cycle of PAM and so far the refiners listed below have successfully completed the PAM process. The remainder of the 32 LPPM Good Delivery refiners will be tested in due course and the results updated on the website.
- Aida Chemical Industries Co. Ltd - Japan
- Asahi Pretec Corporation - Japan
- BASF Corporation – United States
- Chimet SpA - Italy
- Furuya Metal Co Ltd - Japan
- Heraeus Precious Metals North Amercia LLC – United States
- Johnson Matthey Inc – United States
- Materials Eco-Refining Co., Ltd. - Japan
- Sabin Metal Corporation – United States
- Solar Applied Materials Technology Corp - Taiwan
- Heraeus Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG - Germany
On behalf of the LPPM Management Committee